Sunday, January 23, 2011

The Trials and Tribulations of a Physical Activity Epidemiologist


Well - I hope all my friends had an active weekend.  I did, it was a fabulous day of skiing on my new skis. Only one tumble, that I was thankful for my "brain bucket" as the alternative would not have been pretty.

The downfall, our monitors did not record data- what that means is no fun comments on what Megan's heart rate did when I fell, or the comparison of energy expenditure between a novice and experienced skier.

This is why, my friends, why we test, test, test before the launch of a research study.  Sorted out the recording error so it WILL NOT happen with my test subjects.

As we approach Monday, remember that if you do more tomorrow, than you did today, you are moving in the right direction.

For me Monday is yoga - why???    Because, at almost 40, a full day of skiing requires some stretching of sore muscles.

1 comment:

  1. So luck to come across your excellent blog. Your blog brings me a great deal of fun.. Good luck with the site.
    field epidemiologist salary

    ReplyDelete